This page provides a list of online resources relevant to Local Ordinances and Zero Net Energy. Suggest additional links for this page by emailing email@example.com.
Zero Net Energy (ZNE)
Municipal Zero Net Energy (ZNE) Resources and Templates Packet (combined pdf). Policy analysis and template language to help jurisdictions take early action toward the State’s ZNE goals. This packet is made up of the following, individual resources:
- User Guide: Municipal Zero Net Energy (ZNE) Resources and Templates (pdf)
- BayREN ZNE Policy Analysis Matrix (pdf)
- BayREN ZNE Policy Analysis Presentation (doc)
- Request for Proposals (RFP) Language (doc)
- Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR) Template
- EUI Targets (xlsx)
Useful ZNE links
- New Buildings Institute Zero Net Energy Resources (external link)
- Request ZNE Assistance for your Municipal Project– BayREN is providing zero net energy (ZNE) engineering analysis to support local governments to lead by example in their own facilities.
Bay Area Model Solar Ordinance Program
The Bay Area Model Solar Ordinance Program represents a step towards meeting the requirements of the 2019 Building Code update by mandating solar photovoltaic on new residential and low-rise multifamily construction. The program offers an array of resources that are ready for use including a cost effectiveness study aligned with the California Energy Commission, and step-by-step adoption and approval guidance. To discuss how the program can support your jurisdiction with custom technical assistance, please contact Vijay Kesavan at firstname.lastname@example.org. The program team is available to schedule meetings with your staff at your availability.