Energy storage is emerging as a potential solution for power reliability, emergency preparedness, and grid harmonization. What do cities need to know as energy storage becomes more common? This forum will provide a crash course on how storage fits within the overall energy landscape and energy efficiency efforts, as well as practical information and ideas for implementation, including code requirements. This free event is open to all and is co-sponsored by BayREN and the Bay Area Air Quality Management District.
- Welcome and Introductions | Jennifer West, Alameda County, BayREN Representative
- Energy Storage Bootcamp: From the Basics to the Complex | Jin Noh, California Energy Storage Alliance
- 2019 Energy Code Standards – Battery Storage Systems | Peter Strait, California Energy Commission
- City of Fremont: Energy Storage Experiences & Installations | Rachel DiFranco and Jay Swardenski, City of Fremont
- East Bay Community Energy- Solar and Storage for Resilience | JP Ross, East Bay Community Energy
Note: We apologize for the quality of the audio recordings for this event, which were affected by technical issues. Thank you for understanding.