Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) provide much-needed housing in an environmentally friendly way, but state building code requirements, including the 2016 Energy Code, can create barriers for property owners interested in building ADUs. This forum will include a series of presentations from industry experts and government staff about the energy code requirements for ADUs, the role of ADUs in providing housing in the region, and no-cost resources for facilitating the construction of energy-efficient ADUs.
- Forum Agenda
- Welcome and Introductions | Deborah Elliott, BayREN Representative
- ADUS: Policy Changes & Role in Meeting Regional Housing Need | Ada Chan, Regional Planner, ABAG/MTC
- Recent Energy Code “Clarifications” for ADU’s | Gina Rodda, Principal Owner, Gabel Energy
- Lessons Learned from ADU Projects in the Bay Area | Kevin Casey, Founder & CEO, New Avenue Inc.
- ADUs, Energy Efficiency, Conservation & Waste Prevention | Kol Peterson, Owner, Accessory Dwelling Strategies, LLC.
- What Can Local Governments do to Advance ADUs | Josh Abrams, Principal, Baird + Driskell Community Planning