This Forum brought together local government policymakers and sustainability staff, building department staff, city planners, and energy consultants to learn about the changes to the 2016 building Energy Efficiency Standards for residential and nonresidential buildings. Attendees were able to meet their BayREN County Representative and connect with energy code experts who shared best practices to increase understanding of 2016 Energy Code developments and best practices for compliance (permit applicants) and enforcement (building departments).
- Forum Agenda
- Opening Remarks and Introduction | Kellen Dammann| Marin County & Edgar Ventura | BKi
- Keynote Address:
- 2016 Energy Standards Overview | Javier Perez | California Energy Commission
- 2016 Building Energy Efficiency Standards Handouts
- Watch the recorded presentation
- Effects of the 2016 Energy Code Changes on Bay Area Building Departments| Russ King | Benningfield Group, Inc.