Many local governments are setting and meeting ambitious targets aimed at improving energy efficiency in public buildings while encouraging the private sector to do the same. This forum showcased local case studies on municipal innovation, discussed the needs and trends in the commercial real estate industry, and assessed how stakeholders can help exchange knowledge between industry sectors. Representatives from the City of Richmond and the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), along with PG&E and consultants from DNV-GL formed a panel session to discuss municipal innovation, commercial building needs, and the nexus between the two.
- Forum Agenda
- Welcome and Introductions | Candis Mary-Dauphin & Jeffery Liang, BayREN Representatives
- Opening Presentation: Municipal Buildings as Trendsetters – In Theory and In Practice | Brendan Havenar-Daughton, PG&E
- BayREN Municipal ZNE Technical Assistance Program and City of Richmond Case Study | Blake Herrschaft, DNV-GL & Adam Lenz, City of Richmond
- Energy Efficiency in the Commercial Sector – Trends and Needs | Hafsa Burt, BOMA Oakland/East Bay Chapter Codes & Standards Committee & John Eckmann, CBRE
- Panel Session: How can local governments improve leadership in the building sector