Date: Thursday, November 18, 2021
Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Description: This forum will discuss past and current energy reach code efforts, provide an update on the 2022 Energy Code, and discuss the implications and options for jurisdictions who have adopted a reach code as well as those who have not. Speakers will include state and local government representatives, reach code experts, and others with experience with reach code development, adoption, and implementation.
- Welcome and Introductions | Kellen Dammann, Marin County
- Reach Codes in Cupertino | Andre Duurvoort, City of Cupertino
- 2019 California Energy Code Amendments: All Electric Reach Code | Jesse Oswald, City of Santa Rosa
- 2020 Reach Codes | Joe McCluskey, City of Burlingame
- Q&A – Panel 1
- Reach Code Analysis: Tracking Impact on Residential New Construction | Brian Reyes, Marin County Sustainability Team
- 2022 Energy Code | Will Vicent, Building Standards Office at California Energy Commission
- Amending the Energy Code: Opportunities for Reach Codes in 2022 | Misti Bruceri, Misti Bruceri and Associates, LLC.
- Reach Codes 2023-2025: Non-Energy Code Options | Amy Rider, Building Decarbonization Coalition
- Green Building Reach Codes | Wes Sullens, US Green Building Council
- Q&A – Panel 2
- BayREN Policy Calculator: Options for Existing Single-Family Buildings | Emily Alvarez, StopWaste