This half-day BayREN forum explored the connections between climate change, energy efficiency, equity, and public health. Attendees heard about local examples of how health professionals, nonprofits, and local government staff are working together on these issues.
- Welcome, Introductions & Why We’re Here | Kellen Dammann, BayREN Representative, Marin County | Demian Hardman, BayREN Representative, Contra Costa County
- Energy Inequity: Who Is and Isn’t Being Served | Eric Daniel Fournier, Institute of the Environment and Sustainability, UCLA
- Low Income Energy Assistance and Program Integration | Chris Miranda, Community Action Marin
- Energy Equity at the National Level | Brendan Wade Brown, Green and Healthy Homes Initiative
- Contra Costa County Asthma Initiative | Michael Kent, Contra Costa County Health Services Department
- Panel + Q&A | Moderator: Vinita Goyal, Bay Area Regional Health Inequities Initiatives
- Closing Remarks & Transition to Breakout Rooms