The focus of this workshop was to help local governments address misconceptions and questions about 2016 Title 24, Part 6 (Energy Code) implications for designing new, or applying deep energy retrofits for, all-electric low-residential buildings, which are expected to increase as local governments work to integrate state goals to achieve zero net energy (ZNE) buildings.
- Forum Agenda (PDF download)
- Welcome Presentation and Introductions | Kellen Dammann and Alice Zanmiller | Marin County BayREN Representatives
- 2019 Building Energy Efficiency Standards ZNE Strategy (PDF download) | Christopher Meyer, California Energy Commission
- ZNE: Efficient HVAC and Domestic Hot Water (DHW) Systems and Strategies (PDF download) | Russ King, Benningfield Group, Inc.
- Local Education and Outreach Initiatives Update | Sarah Moore, City of Berkeley
- Multifamily Retrofits & Electrification (PDF download) | Sean Armstrong, Redwood Energy
- Panel Session: Local Government Interest in All-Electric Residential Buildings
Additional supporting resources:
- 2016 Energy Standards Water Heating – Minimum Water Heater Energy Factor Reference Guide (CEC) (external link)