This Forum brought together local government policymakers and sustainability staff, building department staff, city planners, and energy consultants to learn about the changes to the 2016 CALGreen requirements for residential buildings. Attendees were able to meet their BayREN County Representative and connect with energy code experts who shared best practices to increase understanding of 2016 CALGreen requirements and how local projects are going beyond CALGreen.
- Forum Agenda
- Opening Remarks and Introduction | Deborah Elliott | Napa County & Edgar Ventura | BKi
- Green Building Code Priorities and Policy: An Elected Official’s Perspective | Mayor Jeff Aalfs | Town of Portola Valley
- Updates to the 2016 CALGreen Code | Emily Withers | California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD)
- Beyond CALGreen: Cost Effective Zero-Net Energy Homes | Bob Massaro | The Healthy Building Companies
- Watch the recorded presentation
- 2015 Update to the California Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance | Michelle Koo | City of Hayward & Kelly Shoonmaker | StopWaste