This Forum brought together local government policymakers and sustainability staff, building department staff, city planners, and energy consultants to learn about the the variety of free programs and customizable resources available to building departments interested in implementing best practices for improving energy code compliance and enforcement and/or promoting green building and “beyond code” initiatives, sometimes called “reach codes”. Attendees were able to meet their BayREN County Representative, learn about implementing cost-effective green building codes, Home Energy Score and the READ Program.
- Forum Agenda
- Opening Remarks and Introduction | Rachael Londer | County of San Mateo & Edgar Ventura | BKi
- Keynote Addresses:
- Stakeholder Engagement in the Standards Development Process | Peter Strait | California Energy Commission
- Regional Climate Protection Strategy for the San Francisco Bay Area | Abby Young | Bay Area Air Quality Management District
- Residential Energy Assessment and Disclosure (READ) | Lisa Pontecorvo | StopWaste
- Above Code Ordinance Opportunities| Jake Tisinger | Build It Green