Date: Thursday, March 4, 2020
Time: 10:00 – 11:00 am
Description: This hour-long virtual course focuses on Prescriptive QII requirements in the 2019 Energy Code for new low-rise Residential buildings of any size and Additions greater than 700 ft².
The webinar helps:
• Designers and architects create projects that meet QII
• Energy consultants clarify the minimum requirements and schedule of inspections when the Certificate of Compliance form (CF1R) calls for QII
• Contractors coordinate with HERS Raters and subcontractors on inspection dates and other QII requirements
• Building departments support QII projects at plan check and inspection to ensure the QII process goes smoothly
• HERS Raters communicate with the construction team on how to prepare a project to meet QII requirements during HERS inspections
Training developed and offered in partnership with Energy Code Ace.
BayREN is offering “HERS-Verified Quality Insulation Installation (QII)” as part of a training series “New Technologies and Approaches for Energy Efficient Buildings”. The series takes a closer look at some of the biggest changes to energy conservation technologies and construction practices in the 2019 Energy Code for residential new construction, additions and alterations.
Target Audience: Building Department Staff, Contractors, and Building Professionals